Answering Concerns Mormon Missionaries
Filed under Answering Your Questions
I heard that Mormons …
Answering Your Concerns about Mormonism
Since Joseph Smith first began telling others about his Vision of God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, persecution and misinformation have followed Mormons. You may have heard things from friends and family, or from ministers vilifying the Prophet Joseph Smith or claiming that the Book of Mormon is false or unnecessary. Members of the Mormon Church know that they must live surrounded by such false information all their lives, but they have learned the truth about these matters. Below are several questions that converts to the Mormon Church and others often have. This list does not include everything, but does include links to other excellent websites that can give you fuller answers.
- Isn’t the Bible the only word of God?
- Why do we need the Book of Mormon?
- Doesn’t the Book of Mormon contradict the Bible?
- Didn’t the Three Witnesses deny their testimonies about the Book of Mormon?
- Doesn’t the Book of Abraham prove that Joseph Smith was a false prophet?
- Did the Mormon Church change the Book of Mormon?
- Don’t Mormons worship a different Jesus?
- I’m saved, why do I need prophets and the Book of Mormon?
- Why do I need to be baptized if I have already accepted Jesus as my Savior?
- Should I really rely on “feelings” rather than evidence to know if the Book of Mormon is true?
- I heard Mormons believe you have to work to be saved, but doesn’t the Bible say we are saved by grace?
- Didn’t prophets end with the Old Testament/Bible?
- Was the Prophet Joseph Smith a lazy, immoral person?
- Don’t Mormons worship Joseph Smith?
- Didn’t Joseph Smith make a false prophecy about the Second Coming?
- Don’t Mormons practice polygamy?
- What about the Mountain Meadows Massacre?
- Did Mormons forbid African Americans from joining their Church?
- Do Mormons really pay 10 percent of their income to the Church?
- What’s this about no sex before marriage?
- Why all the secrecy? Didn’t Jesus tell His disciples to preach all his teachings openly?
- Didn’t Jesus’ Crucifixion end the need for temples?
- Do Mormons wear funny underwear?
- Anti-Mormonism and ExMormons, why all the fuss?
- How can I find the truth in this maze of words and emotions?
- Jeff Lindsay: Excellent site by a Mormon living in Wisconsin who has many articles and responses to common questions and concerns.
- FAIRLDS: A resource for friendly scholarly research on Mormonism. Very extensive and thorough, covering virtually every conceivable topic relating to Mormonism.
- SHIELDS: A site for scholarly and historical information about Mormonism.
- Mormon Converts: Learn about the experiences of other converts to the Mormon Church
- Light Planet: A resource for everything Mormon
- FARMS: The Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies. A very scholarly site devoted to studying Mormonism and Mormon scripture.
- Mormon Central: A list of the best LDS site on the internet.
- LDSsearch: A search engine that return good information about the Mormon Church
- Spreading the Word: An article about Mormon Missionary work at PressDemocrat.com.